Feasibility study for 3 HPP sites of Mitano Nduguta and Esia
JW TECHNOLOGIES Limited was contracted by Africa power initiative limited to provide consultancy services for a Hydrological assessment of three potential hydro power sites on three different rivers namely: Esia in Adjumani district, Ndugutu in Bundibugyo and Mitano in Kanungu district. This assessment was done to determine the amount of energy that will be generated from each of the sites. Responsibilities of the consultant also include project management, quality assurance and assisting power initiative limited to coordinate with the hydrological studies of the 3 HPP river projects.
|• Analyzing climate and precipitation data
• Flow measurements
• Determining the size of the catchment area and assessing its characteristics
• Analyzing flood patterns
• Correlating the meteorological data with flow data
• Obtaining the flow duration curve
• Investigating the amount of water required for purposes such as irrigation, domestic use.
• Estimation of the design flow.